Youth Talk provides free, confidential counselling to 13-25 year olds in St Albans and surrounding areas.
A service dedicated to young people
- Self-referral service – young people refer themselves. There are no criteria that have to be met for a young person to self-refer – they just have to complete an online form, email or call.
- Confidentiality – Youth Talk is a safe space to talk. All conversations are kept private and the young person doesn’t have to inform anyone.
- Sessions from Monday – Friday from 10am – 7pm.
- Completely free of charge.
- Quick to start – try to see young people for an initial meeting within three weeks – quicker than other services such as CAMHS.
- Support for up to a year – young people have an average of 12 sessions – but for those who need it they can be seen for up to a year.